Since our primary goal is helping you to achieve optimum dental health, we offer many ways for you to get the best dental care possible. Our staff will consult with you privately and help to determine what best suits your financial situation.
We accept all dental plans and will submit your dental claim electronically if possible from our office. We also accept assignment so that you don’t have to pay for your dental treatment upfront, provided your insurance allows this. We request any portion not covered by your dental plan to be paid the same day as your appointment. If we don’t get a response from your insurance on the spot we require a credit card on file so that we have a form of payment available for what your insurance doesn’t cover.
We also accept student dental care plans for students attending University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University or Conestoga College.
Flexible payment terms can be arranged when necessary. To help everyone look and feel their best we have made our dentistry accessible by accepting cash, debit or cheque, Visa and MasterCard. For major treatments ask about our interest free payment arrangements. We will try to find a financial arrangement that best accommodates you.
What every insured patient needs to know:
- Insurance Carrier Company
- Phone #
- Name of Subscriber and Date of Birth
- Employer Name
- Policy #
- Division #
- Certificate #
It is also in your best interest to know:
- What is the annual maximum allowed per person?
- What is the anniversary date of the policy? (usually Jan 1st)
- Is there an annual deductible and if yes, how much?
- Dental Benefits are paid on which year’s Dental fee guide?
- How many units of scaling and/or root planning are covered per year and which codes are allowed for these services?
- How many recall appointments are allowed annually? (every 3 months, 6 months, 9 months)
- What percentage of coverage is allowed for the following: Diagnostic services, Preventative services, Restorative Services, Endodontic services, Major services.